American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA)
The AAAA is a non-profit association of graduates from CAHEA-AMA/CAAHEP accredited training programs specializing in the science and clinical practice of anesthesiology.
The purpose of the Academy is to...
- Establish and maintain the standards of the profession by fostering and encouraging continuing education and research to all graduate Anesthesiologist Assistants and enrolled students of accredited programs
- Represent the interests of the profession
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with other organizations of health care providers
- Instill confidence in the public by adhering to established ethical norms and legal constraints
- Encouraging the skilled and compassionate practice of anesthesia with respect for human dignity and the rights of patients in our care
CLICK HERE for more information.
Wisconsin Society of Anesthesiologists (WSA)
The Wisconsin Society of Anesthesiologists (WSA) was chartered by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) in 1947 as its 14th component state society. From an initial small group of members, the WSA has grown to over 1,000 total members. The Society has 650+ Active members, 150+ Resident members from the two training centers at Medical College of Wisconsin and University of Wisconsin-Madison, as well as scientist members, affiliate members, AA specific members, and students.
The WSA was created to provide in-state CME to anesthesiologists, and today the society not only provides CME, but also serves patients, the general public, and elected representatives as the resource on standards of ethical anesthesia care.
The mission of the WSA is to:
- Associate into one organization, licensed physicians who are engaged in, or otherwise especially interested in, anesthesiology
- Promote the highest level of patient safety through the general elevation of the standards of this specialty
- Support the purposes and programs of the American Society of Anesthesiology
- Disseminate information in regard to anesthesiology
- Protect the public against unqualified practitioners of anesthesiology
- Safeguard the professional interest of its members and, in all ways, develop and further the specialty of anesthesiology
CLICK HERE for more information.
American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is an educational, research and scientific association of physicians organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology and improve the care of the patient.
Since its founding in 1905, the Society's achievements have made it an important voice in American Medicine and the foremost advocate for all patients who require anesthesia or relief from pain.
As physicians, anesthesiologists are responsible for administering anesthesia to relieve pain and for managing vital life functions, including breathing, heart rhythm and blood pressure, during surgery. After surgery, they maintain the patient in a comfortable state during the recovery, and are involved in the provision of critical care medicine in the intensive care unit.
CLICK HERE for more information
Resources for CAAs
Below are some useful links for currently practicing CAAs as well as prospective CAA students searching for (re)certifications, CME credits, and employment.